Effective Date: December 28, 2021
We collect the following personal information from you directly:
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire wireless services. If you are a wireless customer of C Spire, we collect certain information by and through your use of the wireless services we provide. This may include basic subscriber information such as your name, address, email address, mobile number, Social Security number, date of birth, account PIN, login details, and payment information (such as credit card or bank account details).
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire home services. If you are a home services customer of C Spire, we collect certain information by and through your use of the home services we provide. This may include basic subscriber information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security number, date of birth, account PIN, login details, and payment information (such as credit card or bank account details).
- Information we receive from customers through use of C Spire business services. If you are a business services customer of C Spire, we collect certain information by and through use of the business services we provide. This may include business contact information such as name, title, company, email address, login details, and phone number. When we handle information about you on behalf of our business customers, we do so at their instruction. To learn about the information our business services customers have us process, please contact the business service customer directly.
- Information you provide when you register for or sign in to the Services. When you register for or sign in to the Services from our Sites, we may collect your phone number, username, and password.
- Information you provide when you subscribe to receive our latest offers. When you subscribe to receive our latest offers, we may collect your name, zip code, email address, and phone number.
- Information you provide when you contact us by email or using our chat box. We will collect any information you provide to us via email or through use of our chat box on the Sites.
- Information you provide when you apply for special programs. When you apply for special programs, such as Lifeline Assistance or the Affordable Connectivity Program, we may collect your: name, date of birth, phone number, address, Application ID, Social Security number, USAC ID, Tribal ID Number, and a scan of your Government ID.
- Information you provide when you make purchases on the Sites. When you make purchases or payments on our Sites, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, address, and payment information (such as credit card or bank account details).
- Information you provide when you use our mobile applications. When you use our mobile applications, we may collect your address, email address, and payment information (such as credit card or bank account details).
- Information you provide when you submit an application for a grant or sponsorship. When you submit an online application to the C Spire Foundation for a grant or sponsorship, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, and job title.
- Information you provide in connection with employment activities. We may collect personal information from you in connection with our recruiting and hiring activities and administration of our human resources programs and functions. When you use our Sites to apply for a job, you must make an account with our recruiting platform, iCIMS. Information we may collect includes your name, email address, phone number, address, and any information that may be contained in any files you share with us, such as your resume.
- Information you choose to provide to personalize your services. At times, we may offer you an opportunity to provide additional information to further personalize your services. If you choose to do so, you may complete a profile, answer a survey, or provide us with additional information regarding your interests and preferences. You may also choose to interact with C Spire on social media and provide information via such interaction.
- Information you provide in connection with support. At times, and with your prior express consent, we may collect personal information from you and ask you to share your browser screen with us in order to provide you with support services on our Sites.
- Miscellaneous. When you provide us with personal information about your contacts, we will only use this information for the specific reason it was provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Separately, we obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. Sometimes we purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you to create more tailored advertising and products. We may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions. To perform a credit check, we collect your name, email address, phone number, address, Social Security number, gender, date of birth, occupation, and employer.
We also gather the following information automatically from your use of our Sites and Services:
- Metadata and C Spire touchpoints. We collect information related to the use and location of your device and our network, applications downloaded to your device, amounts of data used, volume, length, type and duration of mobile service use (e.g., SMS, voice, picture messaging, etc.), visits to C Spire stores, contacts with customer care, service history, billing history, device history, and your use of our Sites and other Services. We also collect information related to use of our business services such as mailbox usage, legal hold support, email security, data loss prevention, and e-discovery support.
- Location data. If you have enabled the location data detector on your mobile device, we may, with your permission, collect location information from your mobile device. You can disable sharing of your location data by turning this feature off on your mobile device.
- Home services information. We collect information related to the use of our home services including the type and amount of usage of the home services, amounts of data used on the internet, phone and/or TV, as applicable. If you are a home phone customer, we collect call detail information (such as numbers contacted by you), location information and other information used to provide services to you. If you are a C Spire TV customer, we collect data concerning viewership. We also collect information related to contact with customer care, service history, billing history, device history, your use of our Sites and Services, and your use of third-party sites and services accessed through our Services.
- IP address and unique device identifier. We collect your IP address and unique device identifier for the administration and operation of our Sites, to understand how visitors interact with our Sites, to improve our Sites and Services, and for analytics and marketing purposes.
- Social media plugins. Our Sites include social media features, widgets and plugins, such as the “Like” or “Share” Facebook buttons, or the “Tweet this” Twitter button. These features may collect your IP address, which pages you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit C Spire, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Tracking information. Tracking technologies such as SessionCam are used on the Sites by C Spire and our marketing partners, affiliates, and analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements and interactions on the Sites, recording and logging keystrokes, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To determine customer eligibility for our Services;
- To provide Services to our wireless services, home services and business services customers;
- To fulfill your order and send order confirmation;
- To administer and maintain accounts;
- To send you information regarding our Services;
- To respond to customer service issues;
- With regard to C Spire TV, to provide you recommendations for content you might enjoy;
- To send you marketing communications about our Services or the products or services of third parties, whether via regular mail, email, or SMS text;
- To administer contests and sweepstakes you have entered, and notify you if you won;
- To respond to questions and concerns;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To display content based on your interests and/or location;
- To manage our network;
- To improve our Sites, Services, and marketing efforts; and
- To perform human resource activities
We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order, offering customer service and analysis, providing and administering our Sites and Services, and/or providing software platforms for the Sites. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information in accordance with the privacy compliance obligations we impose on them.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties with your prior consent.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others; investigate fraud or respond to a government request; or if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. You will be notified of any changes in ownership or uses of your personal information as well as any choices you have regarding your personal information where required by and in accordance with applicable law.
C Spire prides itself on providing you a personalized experience. But we understand that participating in personalization is your choice to make. That is why we have created a Your Preference Profile, so you may view your choices about how we may contact you. If you are a customer of C Spire and the Account Holder, then you can manage the privacy preferences of each mobile number on your account. If you are not the Account Holder on the C Spire account, you may have the ability to manage certain preferences subject to modification by the Account Holder.
Upon request, C Spire will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct or request that we stop collection of and/or delete certain information by logging into Your Preference Profile or by sending an email with such request to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. You may also use the chat function within our mobile applications to request deletion of your user account associated with that application.
In our capacity as a processor for our business services customers, we acknowledge that you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to the applicable business services customer (the data controller).
In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing our Services.
Our website does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals. However, if you wish to block cookies, you can configure your browser settings to reject them. You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer’s hard drive by following your browser’s instructions for clearing them. Note that disabling some or all cookies may impair our Site’s functionality.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website at https://www.networkadvertising.org. You may also be able to opt out of receiving third-party behavioral ads by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Section 222 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, as amended (the "Telecommunications Act") establishes certain criteria regarding the use of certain telephone customer information that we collect from our customers solely by virtue of the customer-carrier relationship, such as quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the telecommunications services you receive, as well as billing information. The Telecommunications Act refers to this type of information as "customer proprietary network information," or “CPNI.” C Spire will disclose and/or use CPNI only as permitted by the Telecommunications Act and applicable rules and regulations. In complying with the Telecommunications Act, we may ask for our customers to opt in to our use of certain information for marketing purposes. You may change these preferences at any time by visiting Your Preference Profile.
We may periodically contact you regarding promotions, offers, products or services from C Spire, its affiliates, and/or third parties via email, SMS text message and regular mail. We may also periodically contact you regarding your C Spire account status, phone or other matters relevant to C Spire customers or potential customers. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us as provided in Your Preference Profile. You also have the ability to cease receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, following the instructions contained within emails you receive, and by sending STOP in reply to a promotional text.
C Spire takes precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, theft, and misuse. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using a secure connection. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information for your account with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by contacting us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
We only store information for as long as is needed to fulfill our contractual or legal obligations or any other permissible purpose for which we have collected it, including to prevent fraud or security incidents. When the applicable retention period has expired, we take measures to permanently delete the information, aggregate it, or anonymize it.
Our Sites and Services are not directed to children, as defined under applicable law. If you believe that a child has provided their information to us through our Sites or Services, please contact us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below, so that we can take steps to delete it.
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss the privacy policies and practices of C Spire, you may contact us by phone, email or regular mail at the address set forth below:
1018 Highland Colony Parkway, Suite 300
Ridgeland, Mississippi 39157
Attn: Director, Product Development & Management
Support 24 hours a day: 1-855-CSPIRE5 (277-4735)